A milestone this week as Roperhurst renews its membership of BESA, marking 30 years since the company joined the trade association formally known as the HVCA.
MD Martin Whiteley comments “Roperhurst has always been committed not just to following standards, but contributing to their development and implementation. We had an ambition to be the leading plastic fabrication company in the UK, and we felt this would be impossible to achieve without contributing to wider industry. For that reason our people have, over the years, sat on BESA’s technical committees, specialist groups, regional groups and even council.”
Martin points to some of the highlights during our membership.
- 1993: Roperhurst joins HVCA as a plastic ductwork specialist, and also becomes a member of the ductwork sub-group
- 2000: HVCA publishes DW154, a successor standard to DW151 which was nearly 30 years old. Graham Handley, Roperhurst’s founder and chairman, chairs the technical panel which sets out the UK standard for fabrication and installation of plastic fume extract ductwork
- 2011: HVCA becomes B&ES (and then BESA in 2016).
- 2016: BESA publishes a revision to DW144, the standard for sheet metal ductwork. Roperhurst’s Bob Lane is Chair of the Ventilation sub-group and a member of the technical panel
- 2020: BESA publishes TR40, a guide to good practice for LEV. Roperhurst Chairman Phillipe de Wilde is a member of the technical panel
- 2022: Roperhurst is awarded Contractor of the Year at the BESA National Awards
You can view our membership certificate here.